Vol. no: 46
This article elaborates the ways of popularising knowledge about the past of Mazovia by Museum in Płock since its establishment, as part of the Płock Scientific Society, in 1821. It had a strictly regional character. The collection consisted, on the one hand, of school teaching aids (minerals, physical and chemical equipment, globes, etc.), and on the other hand, of various exhibits donated by teachers, students, landowners, military personnel and priests, including numerous archaeological artefacts, coins, medals, natural history specimens, documents, etc. During scientific meetings, the latest archaeological and numismatic troves were reported, field inspections were organised, historical monuments were collected and placed in the museum. The institution was closed down shortly after the fall of the November Uprising. It was reactivated at the beginning of the 20th century.