Bartłomiej Krynicki, Anna Pawlikowska-Piechotka
Vol. no: 37
The Palace of Youth in Warsaw was put into use 65 years ago, in April 1955, as part of the Palace of Culture and Science building, erected in the Socialist Realist style. It was an extraordinary attraction at the time, offering children opportunities for developing passions and interests that were not available elsewhere. For example, the indoor swimming pool at the Palace of Youth was, and still is, the only swimming pool in the Mazovian province where it is possible to practice water jumping. At the same time, it is one of the few swimming pools in Poland where it is possible to practice this discipline in the full range of competition throughout the year.